SE.Pay, More Tip Payment Options With Lower Fees
All streamers have one thing in common: you want to keep as much of your earnings as possible. You work hard to provide your viewers and fans with entertaining content and it is a joy to be rewarded for that.
At StreamElements , we want to help you on your path towards streaming fame and fortune, making sure your streaming career remains as smooth and as stress-free as possible. That’s why we’ve created a new tipping service, addressing the frustration of losing money due to high payment processing fees and the disappointment of missing out on revenue because of malicious or spiteful chargebacks.
Introducing SE.Pa y
What is SE.Pay?
SE.Pay is the new StreamElements tipping service, giving you a hassle-free way to keep the revenue rolling in. SE.Pay gives your viewers an easier way to support you, letting them use their credit cards to donate tips to their favorite streamer (that’s you!)
SE.Pay also offers you the lowest fees on the market when receiving tips. We also don’t charge ANY FEES for chargebacks, compared to the $20 flat fee charged by PayPal. SE.Pay uses the same advanced chargeback protection used by Uber, Netflix, Steam, and many others, making sure that you (and your hard-earned revenue) are protected and secured.
These low fees are made possible thanks to the fact that StreamElements doesn’t take a cut of your tips. All of the fees are directly paid to our payment processor.
SE.Pay even shields you from wrongful chargeback claims by preemptively banning those who like to file them. We maintain an ever-updating list of these bad apples and permanently ban them from donating to our users. So, we stop them in their tracks before they ever have a chance to ruin your day.
See Twitch Streamer CJayride talk about the advantage of using SE.pay:
How to Add SE.Pay to Your Tipping Page
SE.Pay is located on the left-hand menu of your StreamElements Dashboard and is also accessible from the “Tipping settings” menu. If you have a United States (US) bank account and are still unable to see the SE.Pay button, please contact our support team so that we can enable it for you.
Once the setup has been successfully completed, SE.Pay will be added to existing tipping methods on your StreamElements tipping page:
Who Can Use SE.Pay?
Anyone can tip with SE.Pa y, but if you are a streamer, you must be:
- Over 18 years old
- Located in the USA (can have a non-American nationality);
- Hold a US bank account under their name
Please note that at the moment you can only withdraw tips to your bank account, but more payout options are coming soon!
How to Setup SE.Pay
In order to receive tips with SE.Pay, you need to set up your account first.
- Click “Create Account”
- Next, you will have to create your SE.Pay account. Choose your bank account type (individual or business) and fill in your personal details.
- If “business” bank account is selected you will need your legal business name, company registration number and your DBA (doing business as)
- Click “Submit”
- The next window is a summary of your details, please review them carefully before confirming, you can edit them if needed.
- Your account has been created, and a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- Congratulations! You can now start receiving tips with credit cards using SE.Pay
How to Withdraw Tips from SE.Pay
After receiving your first tip with SE.Pa y, you will receive an email letting you know that you will be able to set up the withdrawal and see your current balance.
- Click “setup withdrawal”
- You’ll need to fill in personal information such as your social security number, address, and phone number. StreamElements DOES NOT save your details in any way, they are used by our payment processor for verification.
- Confirm your personal details (or edit, if needed)
- Fill in your bank details for the account you want to receive payments to and click “submit”
- Confirm your bank details (or edit if needed)
- Once approved (takes up to 7 days) you can withdraw money from SE.Pay directly to your bank account.
Your transactions tab displays the tips you have received and your withdrawals.
SE.PAY, More Tip Payment Options With Lower Fees was originally published in StreamElements – Legendary Live Streaming on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.