Introducing StreamElements HypeBoss: Battle Bosses and Increase Viewer Engagement
You asked us to give your viewers more reasons to interact with you and your channel and we listened. We’ve used your feedback and responses to make a new StreamElements widget, combining existing methods of interaction for a fun, gamified experience!
Today, we are proud to announce that our widget has finally arrived: introducing StreamElements HypeBoss, for Twitch and YouTube Gaming!
What is StreamElements HypeBoss?
StreamElements HypeBoss is a widget that turns your stream into a massive boss battle. At first, you’ll be the boss with your very own HP bar and it’s up to viewers to chip away at that health until it reaches zero. Once you’ve been defeated and your butt has been well and truly kicked, the viewer who deals the final blow will replace you as the boss and viewers will have the opportunity to beat them and take their place in the boss seat.
Viewers are able to deal damage to the HypeBoss by interacting with your stream. They can deal damage in the following ways:
- Following the channel (Subscribing on YouTube Gaming)
- Subscribing / Resubscribing (Sponsoring on YouTube Gaming)
- Cheering (Super Chat on YouTube Gaming)
- Hosting your stream
In the menu for the widget (more info on how to add the widget can be found below), you are able to customize the following options:
- How much HP the boss will have
- How much damage is dealt with each interaction
- Whether bosses are able to heal themselves by cheering and tipping
- Reset the boss and their HP
What Are the Different HypeBoss Modes?
If you’d like to switch things up and change the HypeBoss rules, then we have four different game modes that allow you to do that. Choose from the following modes and make your viewers rethink their strategies!
- Overkill: Any excess damage beyond the boss’ remaining health is added to the new boss
- Final Blow: The amount of damage dealt with the final blow will be added to the new boss
- Increasing HP: Each new boss will have more HP than the last
- Fixed HP: Every boss will have the same HP
With these modes, you can make the boss battle much harder (or easier) for your viewers, which is all part of the entertainment!
How to Add HypeBoss to Your Stream
Here is a quick and easy step-by-step (and a walk-through GIF)of how to add HypeBoss to your stream:
- Sign into StreamElements and go to your dashboard
- Go to ‘My overlays’ and open the edit menu of the overlay you would like to add HypeBoss to
- Select ‘Widgets’ from the menu at the top of the screen
- Find ‘HypeBoss’ and click the ‘add’ button
- Customize HypeBoss how you want, including its position on the screen, text settings, animation settings and more
- Click ‘save’ to save your changes
- Congratulations! You have successfully added HypeBoss to your stream overlay